More Too Life Foundation (MTLF) provides direct care services to victims of human trafficking and is a notable organization in prevention, ending demand and empowering survivors toward sustainability. MTLF is currently seeking a Substance Abuse Counselor/Peer Specialist with passion and knowledge to work participants of MTLF who may require guidance and additional support toward substance abuse treatment. This is an opportunity to make a difference every day by helping victims of human trafficking, who may also struggle with substance abuse, to gain control of their lives.
We are looking for someone to join our team who can demonstrate best practices for substance abuse recovery from an academic, empirical, and personal experience standpoint. If you are a collaborative professional who shares our commitment to serving and empowering our mentees, who are survivors of human trafficking, then MTLF may be the place for you.
· Candidates with a Bachelor's/Master's degrees and certification in a related field will also need at least 8 months of professional experience in substance use counseling and/or mental health counseling. If the degree is not in a related field, then the candidate needs 1 year of professional experience. Certified substance abuse peer specialists are also excellent for this position.
· Candidates with PhD degrees will need 1 year of experience if their degree is not in a related filed.
· Candidates with an Associate degree will need at least 4 years of professional experience in substance use counseling and/or mental health counseling.
· Candidates with a H.S. diploma/GED need 6 years of experience.
· Candidates who hold the Florida certifications for addiction counseling (Certified Addiction Professional [CAP], Certified Criminal Justice Addiction Professional [CCJAP], Certified Associate Counselor [CAC]) would also meet the criteria.
· Basic knowledge of the principles of human growth and psychosocial development
· Basic knowledge of group and individual dynamics, conflict resolution and intervention techniques based on client maturation level.
· Basic understanding of mental health disorders requiring referrals.
· Basic communication skills to exchange information and interact with various internal and external audiences regarding client care.
· Active listening skills and social perceptiveness
· Ability to read and interpret policies and instructions.
· Ability to understand side effects and impact of medications on client.
· Adaptability / flexibility: ability to shift priorities base on needs of client.
· Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
· Ability to record, proofread and check documents and files for accuracy, to prepare and analyze data and figures, transcribe, and read.
· Ability to use a keyboard and video monitor to receive, retrieve, and/or audit information and data along with Microsoft Office Suite
· Ability to answer and respond to telephones call within a timely manner according to policies and referral follow up procedures.
· Staff Training & Development
· Day shift with attendance to events and meetings that may be on weekends or evenings.
· Schedule may fluctuate based on trauma, crisis, victims in need, or project urgent deadlines.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers