compensation: Salary is negotiable and commensurate with experience. employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
Job Title: Customer Service/Hospitality (FT)
Do you have a passion for service and helping others? Do you have experience with customer service and hospitality, and would prefer a Monday-Friday, 8am-4pm workday? The Academy at Glengary might be the right place for you.
The Academy offers skill training, community supports and job placement to adults living with a mental health diagnosis, or other disabilities. The Academy seeks a high energy, compassionate candidate who thrives on service to others.
All Academy positions are hands-on, direct service roles that support the rehabilitation process. This includes training and coaching duties both on-site as well as at community-based employment settings. Experience working with persons with mental illness or other disabilities is preferred, although not required.
The Hospitality/Culinary Arts Instructor is a full-time position whose primary duties involve:
1. Work side-by-side with Academy members (adults living with disabilities).
2. Co-manage Academy dining room, café and point of sale system.
3. Co-manage kitchen operations under guidance of Academy Chef
4. Role model professional workplace behaviors, attitudes and relationships.
5. Operate computers, cash register, electronic devices and commercial kitchen equipment.
OVERVIEW OF REQUIREMENTS
1. Preferred: Bilingual English-Spanish
2. Education: Possess High School diploma/GED, college degree a plus.
3. A passion for service and helping others.
4. Excellent interpersonal skills.
6. Be a non-smoker both on and off site.
7. Willingness to submit to alcohol and drug screen upon hiring, and random drug testing while employed.
8. Subject to State of Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) and local law enforcement checks
9. Valid Florida Driver's License, subject to a DMV records check and approval by Academy at Glengary, Inc., insurance carrier.
10. Possess a privately owned vehicle or must be able to access locations, possibly at a moment's notice, that may not be accessed by public transportation.
Please note: This is posting is an overview of job duties and not a complete job description. For a complete job description, please email your request.
Salary is negotiable and commensurate with experience.
Initial Application will consist of:
• Cover letter
• Resume (one page maximum)
Send hard copy or email Application packet to:
William McKeever, Director
Academy at Glengary
1819 Glengary Street
Sarasota, FL 34231
Academy at Glengary, Inc., provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Academy at Glengary, Inc., complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers